- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 214.5 oz. cans Great Northern Beansrinsed and drained*
- 2cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 24 oz. cans mild diced green chilies
- 115 oz. can petite diced tomatoesdrained
- 115 oz. can cream style corn
- 1-2 jalapenosseeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1tsp EACH chili powder, ancho chili powder, salt
- 1/2tsp EACH smoked paprika, dried oregano
BLENDER INGREDIENTS (ADD LATER)
- 114.5 oz. can Great Northern Beansrinsed and drained*
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 4oz. Cream Cheesesoftened (I use 1/3 less fat)
- 1/4cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2cup soup “broth”(removed from slow cooker – see directions)
- sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- lime juice
- hot sauce
Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken in an even layer followed by all remaining slow cooker ingredients. Give the top ingredients a stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
Remove chicken to a cutting board, shred chicken and return chicken to slow cooker. Turn Slow Cooker to High (if it had been on Low).
Add all Blender Ingredients to a blender including 1/2 cup soup from slow cooker (try to just scoop out broth). Blend until smooth. Add puree back to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
Season soup with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Top individual servings with desired toppings. Enjoy!