- 2 1/2pounds chicken breasts
- 1 1/2-2cups shredded cheddar cheese or more to taste
- 14-16 flour tortillas
BBQ Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1cup sweet BBQ Sauce (like sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/2cup Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce(like this from Costco)
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
Pomegranate Apple Salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 jalapeno, deveined, seeded and diced
- 3tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon honey
Add chicken to slow cooker. Add BBQ Raspberry Chipotle Sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over chicken, cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken when tender and stir it with sauce in the crockpot. Let cook in sauce for an additional 20 minutes. Taste and add any salt, pepper, hot sauce to taste.
Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Add approximately 1/4 cup chicken filling to the center of each tortilla and top with desired amount of cheese. Tightly roll up tortillas and place seam side down on prepared baking rack. Spray taquitos with cooking spray to help them brown.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until tortillas begin to brown. Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes or until tops are golden. For extra crispiness, flip taquitos and broil the other side until golden.
Meanwhile, add all Pomegranate Apple Salsa ingredients to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
Serve baked taquitos with extra barbecue sauce or ranch dressing for dipping and top with Pomegranate Apple Salsa.