- 4 chicken breasts halvesor 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1tsp EACH dried basil, garlic pwdr, onion pwdr,
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 128 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tsp EACH chicken bouillon, dried basil
- 1/2teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4tsp EACH dried oregano, sugar, salt
- 1/8 -1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4cup water
Parmesan Crumb Topping
- 1/2cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoons butter
Whisk together all Marinade ingredients in a freezer size plastic bag. Add chicken and marinate 30 minutes up to overnight in the refrigerator (longer the better). When ready to cook, remove chicken from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
Add all of the Blender Marinara ingredients to your blender and puree until smooth. Add to a medium saucepan and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan, stir in 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs and cook over medium heat until golden. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, remove chicken from marinade, pat dry and cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium and cook approximately 5 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through.
Pour Blender Marinara over chicken and top each breast with 1/4 cup mozzarella followed by Panko mixture. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until cheese melts. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
Grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375-450°F. Grill chicken undisturbed for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 160 degrees F.)
Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons Marinara over each chicken breast followed by 1/4 cup mozzarella. Close grill to melt cheese then top with golden Panko Mixture. Serve with remaining Marinara and Panko over pasta.