- 20oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1pound medium shrimpshelled, deveined tails on
- 1pint cherry tomatoeshalved
- 2/3cup chopped Dill pickles
- 2cups packed roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 thinly sliced small red onion
- 1tablespoon olive oil
Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 1/2teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2tsp EACH salt, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1/4tsp EACH pepper, cayenne pepper
- 2/3cup mayonnaise
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2teaspoons pickle juicefrom Dill pickles above
- 1/2teaspoon reserved seasoningin directions
Whisk together all of the Cajun Seasoning Mix in a small bowl. Remove 1/2 teaspoon to a medium bowl. Add all of the Remoulade Dressing ingredients to this 1/2 teaspoon and whisk together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Add shrimp to a medium bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and all remaining Cajun Seasoning. Let sit at room temperature while you prep your other ingredients and cook your pasta.
Cook tortellini in generously salted water according to package directions, taking care not to overcook. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water then toss with a drizzle of olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp in an even layer and cook 2 minutes, then flip shrimp over and cook another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Once cool enough to handle, remove tails from shrimp.
To Serve immediately:
Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Add desired amount of Remoulade Dressing and toss until evenly coated. Season with additional salt, pepper and/or hot sauce to taste.
To Make Ahead
Add all of the salad ingredients EXCEPT romaine to a large bowl and toss with half of the dressing once the pasta has cooled. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Refrigerate the lettuce separately.
When ready to serve, add the lettuce, and desired amount of reserved dressing and toss until evenly combined. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or hot sauce to taste.