- 1/2cup orange juice
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2tsp EACH cumin, dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon or more fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 8-10oz. wild-caught salmon fillets
- 2teaspoons olive oil(or avocado oil)
- 4-5 pineapple slices1/2-inch thick
- 1 ripe plantainsliced
- 1 1/2cups cooked rice
- 1 avocadosliced (and or Avocado Crema)
- 1 tomatosliced
- 5cups lightly steamed greens
- 15oz. cooked black beans
- 1 green onionwhite portions only, chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 sliced jalapenooptional
- freshly squeezed lime juiie
- 2tablespoons crushed red pepper flakesmore or less to taste
- Paprika to taste
Prepare Avocado Crema according to directions and refrigerate (click “avocado crema” under toppings). Avocado Crema may be made 8 hours ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container with plastic wrap pressed directly to the surface of the crema.
Whisk together the Mojo Sauce ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup and pour the rest over the salmon fillets. Marinate for up to 30 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Preheat a grill or indoor grill top.
Bake the salmon on a baking sheet for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile add the 2 tsps oil to the pineapple and plantain, and grill over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade on top of the pineapples in the last few minutes of cooking.
Place the rice in 1 large serving bowl or 3 to 4 separate bowls. Top with the salmon, grilled pineapple and plantains, avocado, tomato, steamed greens, black beans, green onion, cilantro and optional jalapeno. Top with any remaining 2 tablespoon reserved marinade.
Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and season with plenty of freshly cracked salt and some pepper. Sprinkle with desired amount of crushed red pepper flakes and a generous, sprinkle of paprika. Top with avocado crema and dig in!