Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 115 oz. can pure pumpkin, divided
- 6tablespoons buttersoftened to room temperature
- 1cup light brown sugarpacked
- 1 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1teaspoon cloves
- 3/4cup whole milkat room temperature
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- nonstick cooking sprayWITH FLOUR
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4oz. Cream Cheesesoftened to room temperature
- 2tablespoons buttersoftened to room temperature
- 2tablespoons pumpkin puree from above can pumpkin
- 2 – 2 1/2cups Powdered sugarsifted
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray all surfaces of a 12 cup nonstick bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR OR grease and flour the inside of your pan. Set aside.
Remove 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin from 15 oz. can pumpkin and set aside for glaze. Add remaining pumpkin, butter and sugars to mixer and beat until FLUFFY. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each egg.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk in between each third. Beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans just until combined then spoon batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles.
Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 55- 75 minutes at 325 F degrees (time will depend on pan, oven, etc. so check early then bake on if needed).
Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
To prepare glaze, beat cream cheese, butter and 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree together until smooth. Add milk and cinnamon and gradually beat in powdered sugar, adding additional milk if necessary to reach desired consistency. Drizzle desired amount of glaze over cake and serve any remaining glaze with individual servings. I love to warm my cake with glaze in the microwave for 15 seconds or so – so good!