HOW TO AIR FRY
The air fryer works great to create crispy wings, but the only down side is you can’t cook all of the Lemon Pepper Wings at once. I usually reserve the air fryer for reheating the wings, but you are welcome to air fry them to cook as well.
- Grease 2 racks for the air fryer oven. If your air fryer only has a rack and a basket, grease the basket instead.
- Place the wings on the greased racks in a single layer so they aren’t touching. You will need to cook in multiple batches.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 250 degrees F.
- Flip the wings over and switch the position of the trays, so that the top is on the bottom and the bottom tray is on the top.
- Increase temperature to 450 degrees (or the highest your air fryer goes). Air fry for 15- 20 minutes or until the chicken are wings cooked through and crispy.
These Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings can easily be prepped ahead of time.
- Prepare the chicken up to baking, then refrigerate for up to 12 hours – you can cover for 6 hours then uncover for the last 6 to help dry out the skin.
- When it’s time to bake the wings, let them rest on the counter for 15 minutes then proceed to bake according to directions.
- The Lemon Butter Sauce can also be whisked together then refrigerated. You will need to reheat it in the microwave or stove before using as the butter will have solidified.
HOW TO REHEAT
You can reheat the chicken wing in the oven or the air fryer but they will get crispier in the air fryer.
- Line basket(s) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add chicken wings in a single layer to baskets.
- Use the “snack” setting to reheat OR air fry at 360 degrees F for 4 minutes, then increase heat to 400°F and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Every air fryer is different, so I suggest keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup) and spray rack with cooking spray.
- Line wings on baking sheet so they aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
How TO FREEZE
Frozen Lemon Pepper Wings are tasty but won’t be as crispy unless reheated in the air fryer. To freeze:
- Line chicken wings in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer to flash freeze until solid, about 1-2 hours. Flash freezing allows the chicken wings to be placed together in a freezer container without freezing together.
- Transfer frozen wings to a freezer safe container or freezer size plastic bag, squeeze out excess air to prevent freezer burn.
- Freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to serve, line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup) and top with baking rack. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Line frozen wings on the baking rack and transfer to the refrigerator to thaw.
- Once thawed, bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until heated through or follow the instructions for reheating wings in the air fryer.