- 112 oz. pkg. cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1pound linguine or thin spaghetti
- 1cup reserved pasta water(you will not use all of it)
- 1 small red onionchopped
- 1/4cup lemon juice(1-2 lemons)
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh thymeor 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4cup fresh parsleychopped
- 1/4cup fresh basilchopped
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan cheeseor more to taste
- crumbled baconoptional
Marinate Chicken: Marinate Chicken according to recipe directions.
Roasted Vegetables: Preheat oven to 400°F. Add vegetables, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to baking sheet and toss to combine. Line vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer. (There will be a generous amount of oil – this will transfer to the pasta later). Roast for 12-15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Pasta: Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente in generously salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before you drain pasta. Add drained pasta to a very large mixing bowl or pot.
Chicken: Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and proceed to grill chicken or cook indoors by heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until well browned on one side. Flip chicken over, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (time will depend on chicken thickness). Remove to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Assemble: Add red onion to the same skillet chicken was cooked in (add additional olive oil if necessary). Saute onions over medium heat until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
Add red onion to the cooked pasta, along with thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, lemon juice, and roasted vegetables. Toss to combine. Add reserved pasta water a little at a time to reach desired consistency (you may not use all of it). Add desired amount of Parmesan. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, and red pepper if desired.