- non-stick baking spraywith flour in it
- 1 box butter cake mix(Duncan Hines brand recommended)
- 1cup sour creamat room temperature
- 1/4cup milk, preferably wholeat room temperature
- 1/4cup white sugar
- 1/2cup Vegetable oil
- 3 eggsat room temperature
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon lemon extract(may substitute 2 teaspoons lemon zest)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3cup fresh lemon juice(about 2 lemons)
- 3cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray your bundt cake pan or 9×13 pan liberallly with non-stick baking spray that contains flour. (Regular non-stick cooking spray will not work.) Set aside.
Pour the dry cake mix into a the the bowl of your standard or hand held mixer. Add all of the other Cake ingredients EXCEPT the lemon juice and zest and mix on high for 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon until well blended.
Pour batter into cake pan and bake 45-60 minutes (depending on thickness of pan and your oven), or until toothpick comes out clean.
Meanwhile, mix Lemon Glaze ingredients in a medium bowl until the consistency of pancake batter. If desired, add additional lemon juice or sugar to taste. Let glaze sit to thicken.
Once cake is done, remove from oven and wait ten minutes then flip onto cooling rack. Cool for 5 more minutes.
Carefully transfer cake to serving platter and liberally poke holes all over the cake using a chopstick. (The more holes, the more glaze seeps into cake!)
If serving immediately, pour glaze all over the cake, respooning Glaze over the cake as it drizzles down the cake. Glaze will become more translucent as it sits on the cake.
If not serving immediately, spoon half of the glaze over the cake, respooning Glaze as it drizzles down the cake. When ready to serve, spoon reserved Glaze over cake and microwave individual servings until warm.