- 2pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2cup canned pineapple juice*
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/3 packed light brown sugar
- 1/4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 1/4cup Asian sweet chili saucelike Mae Ploy
- 1tablespoon Asian chili sauce
- 1tsp EACH ground ginger, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2tsp EACH paprika, salt, pepper
Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a large freezer bag or bowl. Remove 1/4 cup to baste chicken while grilling.
Add chicken, remove excess air, seal and turn to coat. Marinate 4-24 hours (marinate up to 12 hours if using chicken breasts).
Heat grill to medium-high heat (375-400 degrees F), clean and grease. Add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and the chicken registers 165-175 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade the last 3 minutes.
Hawaiian chicken is especially delicious with fresh grilled pineapple and cilantro lime rice.