- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4pound ground Italian Sausage(I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3cup basil pesto
- 3oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste(I didn’t use any)
- 2 16.3 oz. pkgs. refrigerated biscuits(I use Pillsbury Grand)
- 8oz. shredded Italian cheese blend, divided(about 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with 2 tablespoons softened butter. Set aside.
Cook sausage, onions and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium high heat until sausage is cooked through. Stir in pesto and cream cheese until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lay biscuits out separately on a flat surface. Top each biscuit with a heaping tablespoon sausage pesto mixture followed by 1 tablespoon cheese.
Stack four biscuits together, turn on their side and place in bundt pan. Repeat with the remaining biscuits, arranging biscuit stacks in pan to create a ring. If you have extra sausage pesto mixture, stuff it in between some of the biscuits. Drizzle ring evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Bake Ring for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese (about 1 cup) and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and cheese is melted. Broil cheese until golden, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm.