- 1pound chicken breastscut into thin slices, (2-3 chicken breasts)**
- 12oz. thin spaghettior soba noodles
- 1tablespoon red curry paste
- 2teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup Matchstick carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1cup Snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4cup smooth peanut butter
Thai Pumpkin Sauce
- 1/4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoons fish sauce
- 2tablespoons sweet Japanese rice wine, mirin or dry sherry
- 3tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3teaspoons Sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce
- 1teaspoon dried basil(or 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil)
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- Crushed salted peanuts
- pomegranate arils(optional)
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together Spicy Pumpkin Sauce Ingredients. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until almost cooked through (it will finish cooking in sauce). Remove chicken to a separate plate.
Heat an additional 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat in the same pan. Add red curry, ginger and zucchini and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and carrots and stir fry 2 more minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
Add Thai Pumpkin Sauce, snow peas and chicken and simmer until slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through. Stir in peanut butter.
Add noodles and toss until evenly coated, adding additional water if sauce has become to thick. Taste and add additional Sriracha if desired. Garnish with cilantro, lime juice, peanuts and pomegranate arils (optional).