- 4lb Corned Beef Brisketcoated in spices (I use Bill Bailey’s Iris Brand from Costco)
- 4 medium russet potatoes, quartered
Creamy Radish Dressing
- 5 red radishes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4cup loosley packed cilantro
- 1/2cup mayo
- 1/2cup sour cream (or may sub Greek yogurt)
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 10 pitas(I use garlic and sesame wheat)
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese(for mashed potatoes)
Cook brisket according to package directions (leave fat on, trim after it is cooked).
Meanwhile, add radish dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Store in refrigerator.
When ready to serve, remove brisket from slow cooker and scrape fat off. Cut across the grain into 1/2″ strips. Transfer corned beef to a plate and cover tightly with foil while you prepare the potatoes and pitas.
Strain potatoes from the slow cooker and reserve 1/4 cup of the slow cooker spiced water. Add potatoes to a large bowl (peel first if desired) and mash with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the 1/4 cup reserved slow cooker water. Cover with foil.
Toast pitas by heating a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook approximately 1 minute per side, or until warmed and golden.
Assemble pitas by layering mashed potatoes, corned beef, cabbage then drizzling with dressing.