- 1pound uncooked large shrimppeeled and deveined
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 coconut creamfrom can of coconut milk*
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon Sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce
Sriracha Mango Dip
- Reserved Blender Marinade
- 2 mangoes
- 1-2tablespoons apple cider vinegardepending on desired “tang”
- 3tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1-3teaspoon srirachamore or less to taste
- fresh lime juice
Add all the Blender Marinade ingredients to your blender and process until smooth. Measure out 1/2 cup of Blender Marinade and add to a large freezer bag along with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to bag and massage to evenly coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
Meanwhile, to your blender with the remaining Blender Marinade ingredients, add mangoes, apple cider vinegar, vanilla yogurt and Sriracha to taste. Blend until smooth and chill in the refrigerator.
GRILL: Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water) .
Heat grill to medium high heat and grease. Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp has become pink and firm being careful to not overcook.
STOVETOP: Drain and discard marinade. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, about 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with cilantro and freshly squeezed lime (optional). Serve with Mango dip.