- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound chicken breastssliced into 1/4” slices then 2” pieces
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepperchopped into 1” pieces
- 5oz. (1 cup) green beanschopped into 1” pieces
- 2cups Cauliflowerchopped into bite size pieces
- 2teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3cloves garlicminced
- 2tablespoon curry powder
- 1 13.5 oz. can quality coconut milkI like Chaokoh
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 2tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoon fish saucemay sub soy sauce
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2tablespoons Asian/Thai Sweet Chili Sauce like Mae Ploy
- 1/2tablespoon brown sugar
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1-3teaspoons Asian hot chili paste/sauceor more to taste
Heat oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Add chicken, onions and curry powder and cook just until chicken is no longer pink. Add bell peppers, cauliflower, green beans, ginger and garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
Add half of the coconut milk (eyeball it). Mix remaining coconut milk with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to skillet along with all remaining ingredients (expect Garnishes).
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables reach desired crisp-tenderness.
Garnish with additional optional fresh basil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and chili sauce to taste. Serve with rice.