- 3cups shredded turkey or chicken
- 12slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 small dinner rolls or sweet rolls
Cranberrry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 2tablespoons molasses
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2tsp EACH smokd paprika, garlic pwdr, salt
- 1/4tsp EACH chili pwdr, pepper, onion pwdr
- 1/8-1/4teaspoon ground chipotle pepper(or more to taste)
- 1/8teaspoon dried thyme
Apple Poppy Seed Slaw
- 16oz. pkg. angel hair coleslaw
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup real mayonnaise(I use fat free)
- 1-2tablespoons cider vinegar(2 for more tangy)
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2teaspoons sugar or more to taste
- 1/2teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon salt(to taste)
Apple Slaw: Add all Apple Slaw ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Taste and add additional sugar, vinegar, salt to taste. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator while you prep other ingredients or make a day ahead. The lemon juice and vinegar will keep the apples from turning brown.
Chipotle BBQ Cranberry Sauce: Whisk all the Sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened. Mix turkey or chicken with Chipotle Cranberry Sauce and heat through.
Buns: When ready to serve, lay bottom of buns in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with sliced cheddar and broil until melted, approximately, 1-2 minutes.
Assemble: Top cheesy buns with approximately 1/4 cup Cranberry turkey/chicken followed by Apple Poppy Seed Slaw.