- 15 classic lasagna noodlesNOT no-boil
- 1pound shredded mozzarella(4 cups)
Chicken Alfredo Sauce
- 5tablespoons unsalted butter(may sub half olive oil)
- 8 garlic clovesminced
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 2cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3cups half and half
- 1tsp EACH onion powder, dried parsley, dried basil, dried oregano, salt
- 1/2tsp EACH dried thyme, pepper, chicken bouillon, red pepper flakes
- 2cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3cups shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 2 eggs
- 3cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basilor 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2tsp EACH salt, pepper
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 114 oz. can artichoke heartschopped, patted VERY DRY
- 16oz. frozen chopped spinachthawed, patted VERY DRY
NOODLES: Place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a long pan. Pour hot tap water over the noodles until they are submerged. Let them soak while you prep the lasagna – at least 30 minutes.
FILLING: Add all of the Ricotta Filling ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
ALFREDO SAUCE: Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat then whisk in flour and garlic. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in half and half, chicken broth and all spices/seasonings.
Bring to a boil, whisking constantly then reduce heat to medium and simmer, whisking occasionally until thickened (but not overly thick), about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in chicken until well combined. Add additional milk if needed to thin.
ASSEMBLE: Lightly grease a deep 9×13 pan. Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan (layer will be thin). Place 4 noodles (dried off) lengthwise and part of a 5th noodle on top to cover. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Repeat these layers 2 more times: Alfredo sauce (use one third of remaining Alfredo per layer, about 2 cups), noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella for a total of 3 complete layers. To finish, top with remaining third Alfredo sauce and remaining mozzarella (1 cup).
BAKE: Cover lasagna with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn the oven to broil (550 degree F) without moving the lasagna. Broil until the top is golden in spots, about 3 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.