- 1pound chicken breasts or bone-in chicken thighs
- 3cups broccoli floretschopped
- 2cups cubed Yukon or red potatoes(about 1/2 cubes”)
- 3 large carrots, sliced(about 2 cups+)
- 115 oz. can sweet cornrinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can can sweet creamed corn
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic clovesminced
- 6cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 -1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes(optional)
- 1/3cup flour
- 4oz. Cream Cheesesoftened
- 2cups milk (or half and half)(I use nonfat half and half)**
- 1-2cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 strips baconcooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Add chicken to the bottom of a lightly greased 6qt. slow cooker followed by add all of the ingredients up to the four (do not add flour and ingredients after). Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred and potatoes and carrots are tender.
Remove chicken and allow to rest 5 minutes before dicing or shredding.
Meanwhile, add cream cheese, flour and half and half/milk to blender and liquefy until smooth. Stir cream cheese mixture into slow cooker and return diced/shredded chicken. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
When ready to serve, stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time until melted. Stir in bacon. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, red pepper as desired.
Garnish individual servings with green onions and additional bacon and cheese (optional).