- 1 5.2 oz. Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- 18 oz. brick Cream Cheeseat room temperature* (See NOTE)
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2cup freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, choppedwith seeds and flesh removed**
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil),chopped, rinsed, dried***
- 1/2cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
Panko Sun-Dried Tomato Coating
- 3/4cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon butter
- 3tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, diced, rinsed, dried**
- 3tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped (more or less)
- 1tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade (more or less)
- 1-2 baguettessliced into 1/2 “ slices***
- olive oil
Cheese Ball: Add all of the Cheese Ball ingredients to a large bowl and mix with a spatula until well combined. Drop mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap, cover tightly, and shape into a ball. Freeze for 1-2 hours or chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours up to 24 hours.
Panko- Sun-Dried Tomato Coating: While the cheese ball is chilling, prepare Coating by melting butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in panko and continue to stir constantly until panko is golden. Cool completely then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Assemble: When ready to serve, remove cheese ball from freezer/fridge, roll in toasted panko mixture, pressing to adhere, until evenly coated. Garnish with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve with baguette slices and crackers (optional).
Baguette slices: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 1-2 large baking sheet with baguette slices. Brush top sides of slices with olive oil and flip all the slices over so the olive oil is SIDE DOWN on the baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.