- 1 1/2pounds chicken breastspounded thin, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs-skip if stir frying**
- 2tablespoons water-skip if stir frying**
- nonstick cooking spray-skip if stir frying**
- 1/2teaspoon coconut oil(may sub. olive oil)
- 1cup flour-replace with 1/2 cup cornstarch if stir frying**
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tsp EACH garlic pwdr, paprika
- 1/2tsp EACH ground ginger, onion pwdr, salt, pepper
Pineapple Ginger Sauce
- 1/4cup pineapple juice
- 1/3cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1/4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1-2teaspoons Sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and place a cooking rack on top; lightly spray cooking rack with cooking spray (if you don’t have a cooking rack, you can place chicken directly on foil that has been greased).
In a large bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons water together. Combine Chicken Breading ingredients in large freezer bag. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg wash, let excess drip off (dabbing with paper towel if necessary) then place chicken in the flour mixture and shake until evenly coated. Evenly space chicken on cooking rack and lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.**
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes then move baking sheet 8-10 inches away from broiler and broil to desired crispiness (approximately 5-10 minutes). For extra crispiness, flip chicken over and broil the other side of chicken to desired crispiness, being careful not to burn chicken.
While the chicken is baking, heat 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil/olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds. Add the remaining Pineapple Ginger Sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens (approximately 3 minutes). Taste and add additional Sriracha if desired.
In a large bowl, toss baked chicken with Pineapple Ginger Sauce using a spatula until evenly coated. Serve with rice.