- 1 Recipe Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas(you will not use all the meat)
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- 2oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1/2cup sweet barbecue sauce like Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 1/2cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/2teaspoon ancho chili powder(may sub chili powder)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon ranch dressing seasoning packet mix
- 1/2teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Prepare Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas according to directions up until baking on Step 3 (not necessary to bake to crisp beef).
Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Chipotle Ranch ingredients in medium bowl; refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F when ready to assemble taquitos.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, barbecue sauce and ancho chili powder.
Remove pork from slow cooker and add to a strainer in order to remove excess liquid (or else your taquitos will get soggy) then add 2 1/2 cups – 3 cups pork to cream cheese mixture depending on how “saucy” you want them. Mix until evenly combined. Add cheese and mix until evenly combined.
Add a heaping 1/4 cup pork mixture to each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place filled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet.
IF MAKING AHEAD, you can stop at this point, cover taquitos with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Lightly brush each tortilla with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden (add an extra 5 minutes if taquitos have been refrigerated). Broil for extra crispiness. Serve with Chipotle Ranch.