- 50 asparagus spears, ends trimmed(1 large bunch)*
- olive oil
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper
- 1/4 Recipe 5 Minute Perfect Caramelized Nuts(optional)
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Add asparagus to a large baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Toss to evenly coat and arrange asparagus in a single layer. Season with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Bake at 400F degrees for 8-10 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
The last few minutes of cooking, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once melted, cook approximately 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus to taste, tossing well to coat. You may not use all of the Balsamic Brown Butter.
Garnish with orange zest (optional) and caramelized almonds, pecans or walnuts (optional).