Carne Asada Fries might be the most addicting meal, appetizer or game day food on the planet!
Carne Asada Fries are baked Mexican spiced French fries smothered in cheese and piled high with tender juicy marinated steak, salsa, avocado crema and whatever else your heart desires. Drool….
With the epic Big Game coming up, I only thought it right I share an appetizer/meal with epic big flavors. And these Loaded Carne Asada Fries, my friends, are epic. Living in Carlsbad, (north San Diego), where Mexican restaurants outnumber any other type of cuisine 20-1, I have tasted my share of Carne Asada Fries recipes, and this recipe, my friends outshines them all. So no matter who wins the Big Game, you will be the winner of your football party with this Carne Asada Fries Recipe! You’re welcome.
How To Make the Best Carne Asada Fries
- THE MEXICAN FRIES. In order for this Carne Asada Fries Recipe to be truly epic, every layer of the fries needs to be an MVP all on their own, starting with the bed of Baked Mexican Street Fries. These fries are super simple to make by first mixing olive, cornstarch (helps make the fries crispy), and our seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin and chipotle pepper. We bake our Fries for 30 minutes until they are golden, crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. As all fries should be.
2. THE MELTED CHEESE. When our golden fries emerge from the oven you can either smother them directly on the baking sheet with Mexican Blend cheese or part sharp cheddar/part Monterrey and broil OR you can divvy up the fries into individual servings, add cheese and microwave. I personally find the baking sheet to be the easiest, but if your guests are arriving/eating at different times then the microwave might be the way to go so the fries are freshly cheesy. Because just like nachos, we want our fries smothered in ooey, gooey, melty cheese.
3. THE CARNE ASADA. Let’s be honest, Carne Asada Fries are only as good as they steak, so for this Carne Asada FRIES Recipe, we are using the Best Carne Asada recipe. This juicy, melt in your mouth steak is marinated in orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce then rubbed with cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder for epic flavor bursting tender steak that rivals your favorite restaurant Carne Asada. And when I say “rivals,” I really mean is better than. No joke.
4. THE SALSA. Top your Carne Asada Fries with fresh Pico de Gallo or my purely addicting 5 Minute Fire Roasted Restaurant Blender Salsa. Living in Carlsbad, (north San Diego), where Mexican restaurants outnumber any other type of food 20-1, I have tasted a lot of salsas! And this homemade restaurant salsa, my friends, is as good as the best I’ve ever tasted! You will also love that you can control the consistency and heat of your salsa – and that it’s ready in 5 minutes!
5. THE AVOCADO CREMA. Finally, the crowning glory of these Loaded Carne Asada Fries is the obsessive worthy, silky Avocado Crema. Both Patrick and I are obsessed with this Crema! It so creamy that we prefer it hands down – way down – to guacamole. I have shared it in numerous recipes from Chili Lime Chicken Tacos to my Blackened Fish Tacos because it simply makes everything better and makes these Carne Asada Fries truly epic.
One of the best parts about this Carne Asada Fries recipe, except eating it, of course, is you can prepare every element in advance if you wish so when munching time comes, all you have to do is layer, heat and eat! And watch football.
Want to try these Loaded Carne Asada Fries?
Pin them to your appetizer, Mexican or beef Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: