THIS PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA IS YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICH IN PIZZA FORM!
This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is cheesy, meaty, comfort food at it’s most addicting. It starts by layering pizza dough with Alfredo Sauce followed by mozzarella cheese, juicy steak, bell peppers, mushrooms and more cheese then baked to golden bubbly perfection. This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is fabulous game day food, party food, company food or just a fun dinner any night of the week. Prepare to fall in love with your new favorite way to eat Philly Cheese Steak!
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe
This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza recipe is CRAZY GOOD. Like so crazy good that Patrick and I kept murmuring “crazy good” over and over again in between bites as we stuffed our faces with this crazy good pizza.
This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is an ode to my absolutely favorite Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, I crave this meaty, cheese sandwich so much that I’ve already made Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls and Philly Cheese Steak Soup. The only way to possible make this dining delight even more delicious?! Make it into Philly Cheese Steak Pizza!
The sauteing of the steak, onions and peppers only takes about 5 minutes and the layering can be done in a flash, so that makes this Philly Cheese Steak Pizza the ultimate quick, easy and uber delicious dinner – especially if you have made the Perfect Homemade Pizza Crust beforehand and either refrigerated it or frozen it for times like this when the Philly Cheese Steak Pizza craving just won’t go away – which for me, is pretty much all the time!
I apologize in advance if you develop a craving “problem” after eating this Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. But then again, its a delicious problem to have. And your family will love you for it because your “problem” means more of their favorite pizza, because if you all love Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches, this will be your new favorite pizza!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA RECIPE:
There are SO many reasons to love this Philly Cheese Pizza Recipe:
- Comfort food! The combination of creamy Alfredo sauce, juicy marinated steak and bell peppers sandwiched in between melty cheese on soft, chewy pizza crust. It doesn’t get any better.
- Less expensive. You can make an entire hearty pizza and serve the whole family for less than dining out.
- Freezer friendly. This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is freezer friendly, so you can make ahead or double the recipe for two meals in one!
- Crowd friendly. This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is always a crowd favorite, making it perfect for parties!
- Make ahead. You can prepare the dough, marinate and even cook the steak and slice the veggies so it can come together in a flash!
WHAT GOES ON PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA?
This Philly Cheese Steak Pizza boasts the same tantalizing toppings you’ll find in cheese steaks: thinly sliced steak, gooey melted cheese, sauteed onions, bell peppers and mushrooms (sometimes in cheese steaks).
You can also add any of these common toppings :
- sweet peppers
- hot peppers
- banana peppers or pepperoncini,
So, while I’ve kept this Philly Cheese Steak Pizza recipe simple feel free to add whatever toppings your heart – or belly – desires!
What’s the best Pizza Dough for Philly Cheese Steak Pizza?
You use store bought pizza dough, but I HIGHLY recommend my homemade pizza dough recipe. This pizza dough recipe is fool proof, flavorful and has hundreds of rave reviews!
I’ve included step by step instructions including how to make pizza dough ahead of time and how to freeze. Just be aware this pizza dough recipe makes two pizzas, so you will want to either half the dough recipe or freeze one for later, or if serving a large crowd, you can double the Philly Cheesesteak Pizza recipe.
WHAT CUT OF MEAT IS BEST FOR PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA?
While ribeye is the traditional cut of beef for Philly Cheese Steak, I like to use flank steak in this pizza recipe because it has the perfect amount of fat/marbling to emerge wonderfully juicy and flavorful and is less expensive. The flank steak emerges buttery tender by slicing it against the grain and marinating it.
WHAT TYPE OF CHEESE GOES ON PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS?
There are a few different cheeses used for Philly Cheese Steak : American Cheese, Cheeze Whiz and provolone. For this Philly Cheese Steak Pizza, I chose to use Alfredo sauce and mozzarella. The mozzarella melts to buttery cheesy, ooey gooey perfection. You may also layer the Alfredo sauce with provolone if you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA RECIPE
- Step 1: marinate steak. Marinating the steak is essential because it is where the characteristic flavor comes from and it tenderizes the beef. Our marinade consists of a simple mixture Italian dressing, Worcestershire, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Step 2: slice beef thinly. You want to slice the steak as thinly as possible. You can also ask your butcher to do this for you on their meat slicer or here are some tips:
- sharpen your knife before slicing the beef
- freeze your beef for 60 minutes to make it easier to slice thinly
- Slice your beef as thinly as possible, 1/8″ thickness or less
- slice your beef across the grain
- make sure your skillet is smoking hot before adding your beef so it will sear on the outside and remain tender on the inside
- Step 3: saute onions and steak. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add steak with marinade to the skillet and let cook on one side without disturbing, then proceed to saute for 2 minutes or until meat is barely browned. You don’t want to overcook your steak or it won’t be as tender. Keep in mind the steak will continue to cook in the oven.
Step 4: add toppings. Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over the pizza dough followed by mozzarella cheese, steak and onions, green peppers, and mushrooms and one more cup cheese.
- Step 5: bake pizza. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. I then like to broil for a couple minutes to toast the cheese.
And you have created your new crazy good addiction. An easy addiction no less…
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA?
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza is wonderful with a big green salad, fruit and pasta salad. Here are some of my favorites:
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Perfect Fruit Salad
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Kicked Up Classy Creamy Potato Salad
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Greek Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto
- Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Ranch
HOW DO YOU REHEAT PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA?
To reheat pizza in the oven:
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place baking sheet in oven and heat at 450 degrees F until hot, about 10 minutes. If you would like a chewier crust, then heat to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer pizza (slices) to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Once the cheese starts bubbling then you know you’re good to go.
To reheat pizza on the stove:
- Add slices of pizza to skillet and over loosely with the lid.
- Heat over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
To reheat pizza in the microwave:
- Microwave at 20 seconds intervals until heated through. Be aware that the crust will loose crunch in the microwave.
CAN YOU FREEZE PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA?
Yes, you can freeze Philly Cheese Steak Pizza but be aware the bell peppers become a softer, funny texture. I recommend removing the bell pepper and mushrooms before freezing.
- Bake pizza according to directions.
- Let pizza cool completely to room temperature.
- Add pizza slices to a large freezer safe and lay flat to freeze or wrap entire pizza a few times in plastic wrap then in foil.
- When ready to eat, bake at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
WANT TO TRY THIS PHILLLY CHEESE STEAK RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER, PARTY FOOD OR PIZZA BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION: