This Brown Sugar Pound Cake is amazingly moist bursting with sweet toffee bits, crunchy pecans and rich creamy caramel in every bite!
This Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake is the most AMAZING crowd pleasing cake! The brown sugar cake itself is rich, moist, and decadent and the homemade caramel sauce is out of this world delicious – seriously the best you will ever make or try. This Brown Sugar Pound Cake is quick and easy to make from scratch (yay for no rolling individual cookies!) and will be a hit everywhere you take it.
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
I am so excited to share with you this Toffee Pecan Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake! I know that’s a loaded name, but this cake is LOADED with epic deliciousness! It comes from my love of everything brown sugar, caramel, toffee and pecan.
Every year my mother-in-law gifts us with homemade toffee at Christmas time. It is my most favorite food/dessert combined that I eat all holiday season. She gives all of us a bag of toffee as we depart her home. It doesn’t last the car ride. (Get the toffee recipe here)
So naturally, the combination of toffee pecans, creamy caramel and brown sugar in CAKE form is the best combination IN. THE. WORLD. In fact, the first time I made this Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake, I didn’t have a bundt cake pan, so I adjusted the cooking time and the result was an overcooked cake. Even still, I brought the entire cake to a baby shower and and left with an empty plate and a long list of people to email the recipe to.
Because this Toffee Pecan Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake is a crowd pleasing cake.
A toffee lover pleasing cake.
A caramel lover pleasing cake.
A pecan lover pleasing cake.
And simply a dessert lover pleasing cake.
In short, everyone loves this Brown Sugar Pound Cake making it perfect for large gatherings (think Easter, Christmas, Mother’s Day).
Or better yet, small gatherings. Because you get to eat more cake. And believe me, you will want to eat more cake.
What is the best Caramel to use?
When I first made this Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake, I already thought it was nearly perfect, but needed a different caramel sauce. After experimenting with several caramel recipes for this cake, I discovered my Easy Creamy Caramel Sauce Recipe. It is fool proof – if you can boil butter, brown sugar and a smidgen of water then stir in evaporated milk and vanilla, than you can make this caramel in 5 minutes! SO EASY!
I am asked for the recipe for this Caramel Sauce every time I bring it anywhere! Its rich, creamy, buttery and sweet and 1,000 times better than any store bought Caramel Sauce Recipe. It is lick-the-jar-delicious and makes everything it touches better. So just imagine that epic deliciousness enveloping this Brown Sugar Pound Cake?! Indescribably, outrageously, otherworldly delicious.
How do I keep my Brown Sugar Pound Cake from sticking?
The outer layer of your Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake becomes beautifully caramelized as it bakes. While this layer is my favorite part of the cake, it also is the stickiest so you need to make sure you grease your bundt can very well. My favorite way to grease my pan is with a nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR IN IT – as simple as a 10 second spray! Alternatively, you can grease and flour your pan.
to grease pan:
- First, take care you are using a 12 cup nonstick bundt cake pan.
- Use a pastry brush to grease every nook and cranny of the pan thoroughly with softened butter or solid shortening (I prefer butter).
- Sprinkle some flour over the butter in the pan.
- Hold floured pan over the sink and tilt the pan in a circular motion in order to distribute the flour evenly. Add more flour if there are any bare spots.
- Flip the bundt pan over and tap out any excess flour.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Room Temperature Ingredients. You need room temperature milk and room temperature eggs for this Brown Sugar Cake recipe. Room temperature ingredients mix much easier (so it’s harder to overmix) and result in a softer bundt cake with maximum volume.
- How To Bring Ingredients to Room Temperature. If you don’t plan enough ahead, that’s okay! Add warm (not hot) tap water to a bowl then add eggs (still in their shells) for at least 20 minutes. You can microwave your milk until room room temperature (NOT hot).
- Don’t Overbeat: Once you’re done creaming the butter and sugar, you want to beat the batter as little as possible. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each egg. You never want to overbeat eggs as this will cause the batter to be runny and may cause the batter to overflow when baking. Overbeaten eggs can also create a fragile crust that crumbles and separates from the cake as it cools.
- Don’t peak! Don’t open the oven doors until it is time to check your Brown Sugar Pound Cake for doneness. Opening the doors can cause your cake to cook unevenly and to fall.
- Don’t overbake! One of the main reasons people complain of dry cakes is because they over bake their cake You want to remove your cake when there are just a few crumbs clinging to a toothpick.
How Do I REMOVE MY Caramel Pound CAKE FROM THE BUNDT PAN?
- Let Caramel Brown Sugar Pound Cake cool for 15 minutes. This allows the cake to retract from the pan and become firm enough to remove without breaking. If you leave your cake in the pan for too long, however, then it can become damp and stick to the pan.
- After 15 minutes, firmly tap the outside of the pan a few times to loosen the cake.
- Place a cooling rack over the open side of the bundt cake pan and hold the sides so you are holding both the edges of the bundt cake pan and the cooling rack. Carefully and quickly flip the cooling rack and bundt cake over to invert the cake, then remove the bundt pan.
- Let the Brown Sugar Pound Cake Cake cool completely on the wire cooling rack
Want to try this Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe?
Pin it to your CAKE, DESSERT or HOLIDAY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
CAN I MAKE Caramel Pound CAKE AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely! I actually think this Toffee Pecan Brown Sugar Pound Cake tastes even better the second day.
I would bake the cake but wait to add the caramel to the top of the cake until ready to serve. Once your cake has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature.
You can prepare the caramel in advance as well, refrigerate then microwave (because it will thicken in the fridge) when ready to serve.
CAN I FREEZE BROWN SUGAR POUND CAKE?
Yes! You will want to wait until your Brown Sugar Pound Cake is completely cooled then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap WITHOUT the Caramel. Freeze cake for up to 3 months. Allow you cake to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Looking for more Cake Recipes?
- Coconut Cake (Triple Coconut!)
- Carrot Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Lemon Poke Cake
- White Cake with Cranberry Filling
Recipe Source: Caramel Cake adapted from The Taste of the South’s Southern Cakes Magazine
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like these dessert recipes: