Taco Spaghetti is all you favorite taco flavors in comforting spaghetti form on your table in less than 25 minutes! Simple prep, minimal cleanup, tons of flavor!
Taco Spaghetti is my new favorite pasta, new favorite easy dinner, new favorite Mexican dinner and on and on! It’s wonderfully comforting, hearty and boasts BIG, bold, complex flavors in super LITTLE time! This Taco Spaghetti is the answer to all your “what’s for dinner” woes – but is so delicious you’ll be craving it all the time!
Do you love spaghetti? Do you love tacos? Well, now you can eat them together at last in this dynamite TACO Spaghetti recipe!
I love making my Weeknight Spaghetti Bolognese anytime I don’t feel like cooking, because its so cravilicious and so easy so I wanted to create another equally delicious and equally easy pasta recipe – enter Taco Spaghetti! Because everything is better with a fiesta flair! Now you can have two spaghetti recipes in your back pocket to rescue dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
But this Taco Spaghetti isn’t just to be adored and applauded because it’s quick and easy. It’s to be raved about because I CAN’T STOP CRAVING IT! Seriously. Either I have a problem or this Taco Spaghetti is just too sensational for any normal person to not crave. I crave like I crave my Taco Pasta Bake but it’s simpler to make – winning!
The juicy beef is seasoned to perfection with Mexican spices and cooked with onions, garlic, green chilies, roasted diced tomatoes then stirred with our spaghetti and as much or as little cheese as your heart desires. So pull out a chair because this Taco Spaghetti is about to become a regular at your kitchen table!
How to make TACO SPAGHETTI:
Taco Spaghetti is super quick and easy to make but here are a few tips and tricks:
- I use lean ground beef but you are welcome to use your fav: ground turkey, ground sausage etc., even chopped chicken will work great! If you use lean ground turkey, then omit the salt and add 1-2 teaspoons beef bouillon.
- If you are feeling extra lazy or just don’t feel like chopping (as I often am when I make this recipe), then you can substitute the fresh onion and fresh garlic for onion powder and garlic powder (directions included below). With these substitutions, this recipe requires ZERO chopping!
- I recommend using fire roasted diced tomatoes in this recipe as opposed to traditional diced tomatoes. If you aren’t familiar with fire roasted tomatoes, they are not spicy. The “fire roasted” in their name literally means they were grilled over an open fire which is what infuses them with their wonderfully smoky flavor. Roasting the tomatoes also releases their sugars and mellows their natural acidity, which is why we don’t have to add any neutralizing sugar.
- I like to add additional cayenne pepper to my Taco Spaghetti to make it nice and smoky spicy. If you aren’t sure how spicy you want your pasta, then you can start without any cayenne (ultimate kid friendly) and add more to taste at the end of cooking. You can always add more spice but it is hard to take it away!
- The sauce (before you combine it with the spaghetti) freezes beautifully so this is a great make and save for later meal or double/triple and freeze meal.
- To make this truly taste like Taco Spaghetti, garnish with all or some of your favs of freshly grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped avocados, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
- Dig in!
Looking for more quick and easy Mexican Recipes?
- Best Beef, Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Crispy Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Want to try this Taco Spaghetti Recipe?
Pin it to your MEXICAN, DINNER, PASTA or 30 MINUTE MEALS Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
A variation of this post first appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian website where I am a contributor.
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: