THIS HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST AND EASIEST DIPS YOU’VE EVER MADE OR TASTED!
This Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is rich, creamy, cheesy, packed with flavor and takes less than 10 minutes to prep! This tangy dip boasts three types of cheese – cream cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan – both mayonnaise and sour cream, green chiles for a subtle tang and hand- picked seasonings for spectacular flavor. This quick and easy Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe can be made ahead of time or in the crockpot for a an outrageously delicious, stress-free, crowd pleasing appetizer!
spinach artichoke dip recipe
It is safe to say I am obsessed with both Artichoke Dip and Spinach Dip. I love hot Spinach Dip so much, I have already shared Brie Spinach Dip, Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread, Mexican Spinach Dip and now this Spinach Artichoke Dip.
But out of all these recipes, this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is by far the EASIEST but tastes apologetically gourmet! Its what I call “lazy man’s dip”- no turning on the stove, sautéing onions or making a roux – just mixing all the ingredients in a bowl and baking. Are you already in love with this creamy decadence?
To make this Spinach Artichoke Dip, I basically doubled the dip ingredients in my Artichoke Dip Bites and added spinach – because that dip recipe is already outrageously delicious.
Now you can enjoy that same deliciousness in no-fuss 10-minute prep form just in time for New Year’s Eve so you and all your guests can be just as obsessed with this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe as us. Happy New Year!
What is the best recipe for spinach artichoke dip?
I am in love with this hot Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe because:
- Its mega creamy with ample mounts of cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- It uses 3 cheeses – mozzarella, Parmesan and cream cheese.
- It has FLAVOR! I’ve handpicked seasonings to add a complex flavor profile instead of the Spinach Artichoke Dip being all one note.
- It has green chiles which offer a subtle tang and brightness without being overpowering – you honestly won’t even know they’re in there -you will just know the dip is amazing.
- None of the Artichoke Spinach Dip ingredients are immediately perishable so you can purchase them all ahead of time and make this dip at a seconds notice! And it will be devoured just as quickly.
- This hot Spinach Artichoke Dip comes together in less than 10 minutes by stirring all the ingredients together in a bowl – no stove time required!
- You can prep it entirely ahead of time and refrigerate so all you have do to is pop it in the oven!
What are the ingredients for spinach and artichoke dip?
- artichoke hearts: make sure you purchase artichoke hearts in water as opposed to marinated. Rinse and drain the artichokes well before chopping. After chopping, pat dry again. Artichoke hearts are located either in the canned vegetable aisle or pickles/sandwich condiments at your grocery store.
- frozen spinach: If you can’t find 10 oz. spinach package then grab the 16 oz. and add a little more than half. Make sure your spinach is thawed and squeezed dry so there isn’t excess moisture in your Spinach Artichoke Dip which will make it runny instead of creamy.
- cream cheese: make sure you soften your cream cheese well so it mixes easily. Full fat cream cheese is more creamy and melts better but you may use less fat cream cheese.
- sour cream: the sour cream adds a wonderful creaminess that can’t be beat. Full fat sour cream melts better but you may use nonfat.
- mayonnaise: adds a rich tang and melts beautifully. If you are thoroughly opposed to mayonnaise, you may substitute with sour cream.
- can mild chopped green chilies: these are my secret ingredient to the Best Spinach Artichoke Dip! Take care you use MILD chopped green chiles for flavor and not heat. If you use hot green chiles, your dip will be HOT!
- mozzarella cheese: Use only freshly grated mozzarella cheese because it not only tastes far superior but melts much better.
- Parmesan cheese: freshly grated Parmesan cheese will also melt much better. You can shred it with your food processor in 30 seconds with the right attachment.
- seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, paprika, salt and pepper infuse our Artichoke Spinach Dip with sublime layers of flavor.
- cayenne: the cayenne pepper adds a nice kick to enliven the Spinach Artichoke Dip and cut through all the creaminess. I use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper but you can use less if you don’t want any heat at all.
HOW DO I THAW SPINACH for Spinach Artichoke Dip?
- Remove frozen spinach from bag and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach to a fine mesh sieve and press out all the moisture with the back of a spatula.
- OR add spinach to a clean towel you don’t care about because it will leave green residue and gather the towel up around the spinach and squeeze and squeeze over the sink until all the excess moisture is gone.
How do you make spinach artichoke dip with fresh spinach?
I use frozen spinach because its, quick, easy and convenient and so I can make this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe at a seconds notice, but you certainly can use fresh spinach, here’s how:
- Remove tough stems and roughly chop.
- Add fresh spinach leaves to a large skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat until the spinach is soft and wilted.
- Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze until all the excess moisture is removed OR transfer to a sieve and press out all excess moisture.
HOW MUCH FRESH SPINACH IS 10 OZ. FROZEN?
You will need one pound of fresh spinach in place of the 10 oz. frozen spinach in this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe.
How do you make hot spinach and artichoke dip?
This Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe takes 10 minutes MAX to prepare. Here’s how:
Step 1: Add all of the Artichoke Dip ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined. It is important to stir well until you can see everything is evenly dispersed. Having cream cheese that is very soft will help.
Step 2: Transfer mixture to shallow oven proof dish.
Step 3: Top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: Bake at 350 F degrees for 25-35 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and starting to turn golden around the edges (baking time will vary depending on depth of dish). This will ensure artichokes are softened and the cheese has completely melted to ooey gooey delight.
What should I bake Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip in?
Any oven proof dish will work that is roughly 3 quarts or 8 or 9 inches. You can use a baking dish that is roughly 8 x11” or an 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish, a 8 or 9 inch pie pan or cake pan. You can also use a 8/9” oven proof skillet.
HOW DO YOU SERVE SPINACH Artichoke DIP?
- After the hot Spinach Artichoke Dip comes out of the oven, let it sit for at least 5 minutes so guests don’t burn their mouths.
- If using a skillet, wrap the skillet handle in a towel to protect your guests from burning themselves.
- Artichoke Spinach Dip is best served hot.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH Hot SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP?
Spinach Artichoke Dip is delicious with everything it touches! Here are some serving ideas:
- French Baguette
- tortilla chips (sturdy tortilla chips are best otherwise they can break)
- pita chips
- bell peppers
My favorite dippers for Spinach Artichoke Dip are slices of a French baguette. I toast the slices first by brushing them lightly with olive oil, spreading in an even layer and baking at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Can you make spinach artichoke dip recipe ahead of time?
Yes, this Spinach Artichoke Dip is a wonderful make ahead dip!
- Prepare Artichoke and Spinach Dip according to directions up to baking.
- Cover prepared dip with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove foil and bake Artichoke Spinach Dip in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
CAN I MAKE THIS SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP IN THE SLOW COOKER?
Yes, you can either keep this Spinach Artichoke Dip warm in the slow cooker after baking or make it entirely in the slow cooker.
To make Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Add all the ingredients to the crock pot and stir until well blended.
- Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or until all the cheeses have melted and the dip is hot and creamy.
- Stir dip well before serving for a stress free party appetizer!
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH LEFTOVER SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP?
I always am hoping for leftovers of this cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip because with a little milk, it makes the most incredibly rich creamy, cheesy, sauce! This cheese sauce is spectacular with rice, pasta or even soup!
Can you reheat spinach artichoke dip?
You can reheat Spinach Artichoke Dip in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
You can microwave smaller portions at 30 second intervals until heated through.
HOW LONG WILL HOMEMADE Artichoke SPINACH DIP LAST?
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip will last about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Does Spinach Artichoke Dip freeze well?
I do not recommend freezing Spinach Artichoke Dip due to the mayonnaise and sour cream. The fat will separate and become a funny texture. Instead, you can prepare your Spinach Dip in advance and refrigerate or half the recipe if you are worried about leftovers.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER Dip Recipes?
- Queso Fundido
- Cheesy Chili Taco Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Best Bean Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (Stuffed French Bread)
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Want to try this Spinach Artichoke Dip RECIPE?
Pin it to your APPETIZER or HOLIDAY or Game Day Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like these party food recipes: