Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies is an easy, satisfying meal all in one with wonderfully juicy, flavor bursting chicken smothered in gooey mozzarella cheese with fresh basil and the most incredible balsamic reduction!
This Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken is a quick and easy meal-in-one with hardly any clean up and is one of my favorite recipes to date!
Are you guys read for summer?! Its been in the 80s here in heavenly Carlsbad which has me giddy for summer and all its fresh flavors! While I still can’t get to my outdoor grill (landscapers are working on our yard – we moved recently and they are working their magic with the dirt), I can still bring you the taste of summer with this Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies!
This Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies is even more delicious than it looks or sounds. It is one of my absolute favorite sheet pan meals to date and we all know I love sheet pan meals where everything bakes in ONE PAN so there is hardly any clean up and no additional sides to prep! Some of my other Sheet Pan Meals you want in your arsenal of quick easy dinners include:
- Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken & Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Cashew Honey Soy Salmon with Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Crispy Parmesan Panko & Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Coconut Chicken with Pineapple and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
So if you can’t get to a grill for whatever reason, hopefully you will find satisfying solace in in those sheet pan meals. Now onto this Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies!
What is Caprese?
Caprese refers to something from or in the style of Capri, an Italian island. Culinary speaking, “Caprese” refers to its namesake – Caprese Salad of fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella and often balsamic vinegar. I loooooove fresh and bright Caprese flavors and have celebrated them in my Caprese Avocado Chicken Wraps, Caprese Chicken Salad with Asparagus, Avocado and Bacon, Caprese Pasta Salad and my Caprese Pasta with Balsamic Chicken.
I used the same balsamic chicken marinade in my Caprese Chicken Salad because its my favorite balsamic marinade with hints of Dijon, lemon juice, garlic and basil but instead of just marinating the chicken in it, we reserve some to toss with our green beans, squash and tomatoes so we not only have flavor bursting chicken but flavor bursting vegetables as well.
How To make Caprese Chicken and Veggies
- First, we roast the green beans for 8 minutes then add our tomatoes, squash and chicken and bake for another 15 minutes to ensure everything is done at the same time.
- Now the best part, we layer each piece of chicken with one thick slice of mozzarella followed by one slice of tomato and back in the oven for the cheese to melt all over the place. You can bake for less time if you don’t want your cheese to spread as much, but I like my cheese all sorts of ooey goey melty delicious.
While our veggies are turning crisp tender, our tomatoes are sweetening, and our caprese chicken is baking in its balsamic marinade, we make our Balsamic Reduction – you DON’T WANT TO SKIP THIS! If you are familiar with balsamic reduction, then you know its one of the best things on earth. If you aren’t familiar with it, you will soon learn its one of the best things on earth. To make, simply simmer your balsamic vinegar with a touch of sugar until it reduces and thickens to a sweet, full bodied flavored reduction that is the consistency of syrup and the flavor of heaven.
To finish off our Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies, add some fresh basil and drizzle the chicken with plenty of Balsamic Reduction. And now you have flavorful crisp tender green beans and squash, with pops of sweet juicy tomatoes (one of my favorite parts), mozzarella smothered balsamic chicken with fresh basil all elevated by sweet and tangy Balsamic Reduction AKA a symphony of flavors and textures AKA the light, fresh taste of summer with just the right amount of cheeeeeeese!
Want to try this Sheet Pan Caprese Chicken and Veggies?
Pin it to your SHEET PAN, CHICKEN, DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: