- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped*
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 114 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 124 oz. jar quality marinara sauce(traditional Barilla or Classico)
- 1 1/2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons dried basil
- 2teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1/2-1teaspoon sugar(to taste)
- 1tsp EACH salt, dried oregano, dried parsley
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon red chili pepper flakes.(optional)
- 1/4cup heavy cream(optional)
- fresh parsley
- LOTS of parmesan cheese
Cook spaghetti al dente according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining. Toss drained spaghetti with a little olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking to each other.
Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat, onions, carrots and celery and cook until meat is browned.
Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Drain off any excess grease if needed.
Stir in all of the remaining “Bolognese Sauce” ingredients up to the heavy cream and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer gently uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add heavy cream and continue to simmer 5 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency. If you like a thinner sauce, stir in a little of the reserved pasta water a little at a time.
Serve Bolognese Sauce over spaghetti and garnish with plenty of Parmesan!