1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 onionchopped
- 1 large green bell pepperchopped
- 1 large red bell pepperchopped
- 3tablespoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1tsp EACH smoked paprika, ground coriander
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- ¼teaspoon cayenne pepperoptional
- 2teaspoons beef bouillon
- 4-6 garlic clovesminced
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beansrinsed and drained
- 2 14.5.oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes,
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoesno salt/seasonings added
- 115 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can reduced sodium beef broth
- 2tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- salt to taste(I use 1/2 teaspoon)
Toppings (your favs!)
- green onions
- Sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Amazing with Sweet Cornbread!
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven/soup pot over medium high heat. Add turkey and vegetables and cook until turkey is cooked through, breaking up clumps as you go. Add all seasonings, beef bouillon and garlic and sauté 1 minute.
Stir in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chili thickens to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
After simmering, if you would like a thinner chili, stir in water to reach desired consistency. Taste and add salt, pepper or cayenne pepper if desired. Serve with desired toppings such as cheese, green onions and crackers.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and onion and cook and crumble until turkey is cooked through. Drain.
Lightly coat a 6 qt. slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add turkey and all remaining chili ingredients. Stir.
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Serve with desired toppings.