- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1cup pineapple, chopped(will use in dressing)
- 1cup Matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepperjulienned then cut into thirds
- 1cup snow peas julienned then cut into thirds
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1cup macadamia nuts, toasted*
- 1/2cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted*
Pineapple Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1cup chopped fresh pineapplefrom whole pineapple above
- 3tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/2teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon mayonnaise(optional for creamier)
- 1/2cup canola oil
- 1tablespoon sesame seeds
CHICKEN: Prepare chicken according to directions. Chop chicken or thinly slice. Reserve extra Teriyaki Sauce to drizzle over salad.
DRESSING: While chicken is marinating, prepare dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to food processor except canola oil and sesame seeds. Blend until smooth. Add sesame seeds and canola oil and pulse until combined. Add additional honey for sweeter or cider vinegar for tangier if desired (will depend on how sweet your pineapple is and how tangy you want it). Refrigerate. Shake or stir when ready to serve to recombine.
SALAD: Either layer the salad starting with the lettuce on bottom then all vegetables and finish with pineapple, macadamia nuts, coconut and chicken OR toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and top with pineapple, chicken, macadamia nuts and coconut. Drizzle with reserved Teriyaki Glaze and Pineapple Sesame Dressing. Note: If your Teiryaki Sauce has become to thick to drizzle, simply whisk in some water to thin.