- 1pound chicken breastspounded thin, cut into 1” pieces
- Vegetable oil
- 3/4cup flour
- 1/4cup cornstarch
- 1/4tsp EACH ground ginger, garlic powder
- 2 eggs
Sweet Fire Sauce
- 1/2cup Asian sweet chili saucelike Mae Ploy
- 2tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1-3teaspoons Asian chili saucelike Sambal Oelek
- 1tablespoon vegetable/olive oil
- 1 red bell pepperchopped into 1” pieces
- 1/2 small white onionchopped into 1” pieces
- 1 1 /2teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic clovesminced
- 1 1/2cups pineapplecut into 1” cubes (may sub canned)
- 4oz. Snow peasends trimmed (optional)
Add flour, cornstarch, salt, ginger, garlic powder to a large freezer bag (or large bowl). Add eggs to a separate large freezer bag (or bowl). Add chicken to flour mixture, toss until well coated. Remove chicken, letting excess flour drip off, and add to egg bag and massage until evenly coated. Remove chicken, letting excess egg drip off and return to flour bag. Shake once more until evenly coated.
Add enough vegetable oil to evenly coat the bottom of a large skillet. Heat over medium high heat until very hot. Add half of the chicken in a single layer and cook until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Whisk together all of the Sweet Fire Sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Wipe out now empty skillet. Heat one tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add onions and red bell peppers and stir fry 2 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
Add garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Stir in pineapple, snow peas and Sweet Fire Sauce and cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken until evenly coated and heated through. Taste and add Chili Sauce for spicier or sugar for sweeter. Serve immediately with rice or zoodles.