Strawberry Melon Fruit Salad
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon, cubed(about 4 cups)
- 1/2 medium honeydew, cubed(about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cubed(about 2 ½ cups)
- 1pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2cups seedless red grapes
- 2cups seedless green grapes
Add and chop later:
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 honey crisp apples, cubed
Creamy Citrus Glaze
- 1/4cup pulp free orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/23.4 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix(eyeball it)
- 2tablespoons Powdered sugar
- 2tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
In a large bowl, combine all of the fruit except for the bananas and apples. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate your UNCUT bananas and apples separately.
Meanwhile, add all of the Creamy Citrus Glaze ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk for 2 minute to activate/thicken the pudding mix. Cover and refrigerate.
Just before serving, drain refrigerated fruit of any fruit juices that have accumulated then add bananas and apples. Stir in desired amount of Creamy Citrus Glaze – less for lighter glaze, more for creamier. The Glaze will be thick at first but thin as it mixes with the fruit juices.
Fruits vary in sweet/tartness, so if you would like tangier/less sweet fruit, add additional lemon juice, for sweeter, sprinkle in additional powdered sugar. Serve immediately.*