Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta is an easy, fresh yet luxurious tasting appetizer that everyone loves! It’s a hypnotic symphony of sweet strawberries, tangy smoky, goat cheese, toasted, grilled French bread, and sweet and tangy Balsamic Reduction.
• Prep ahead. You can chop your strawberries, basil and slice your bread ahead of time. You can also combine your Goat Cheese and Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning. I don’t recommend spreading the goat cheese on the bread too far in advance because the goat cheese will look “cracked” after it sits. This is more an aesthetic issue and will still taste wonderful so it is up to you whether or not that bothers you.
• Goat Cheese. Garlic Herb Goat Cheese costs the same as regular coat cheese and comes already packed with goodness! Goat cheese can be found with the specialty cheeses at your grocery store. To soften, leave goat cheese out for about one hour before serving to soften OR microwave at 15 second intervals just until softened.
• Use fresh French baguette. You want to start with soft bread so your grilled bread has the perfect toasted crunch without becoming too crunchy.
• Store Bought Balsamic Reduction. You can purchase “Balsamic Glaze” instead of making balsamic reduction yourself.
• 4th of July Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta. Add a single or multiple blueberries to the strawberries for a red, white and blue appetizer for 4th of July.