- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- fresh corn kernels from 1 ear of sweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 115 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3cup roasted and salted pepitas (may sub. sunflower seeds)
- 1/2cup grated pepper jack cheese, or more to taste
- Tortilla Strips for Salads (I like Fresh Gourmet Santa Fe Style)
Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1small jalapeno, seeded, deveined and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/4cup sour cream (may sub.plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4cup smooth salsa (medium for more of a kick)
- 1/4cup milk
- juice from 1 lime
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1/4tsp EACH salt, ground cumin
- 1/8tsp EACH pepper, smoked paprika
- Hot sauce to taste(optional)
Add all of the Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping the sides down as needed. Add hot sauce and additional salt and pepper to taste. Add additional milk to thin to desired consistency if needed. Chilli in the refrigerator, time permitting.
Add salad ingredients to a large bowl except for the tortilla strips and toss to combine.
Toss salad with desired amount of dressing (there will probably be some left over) or drizzle dressing over individual servings if not eating all of the salad immediately.
Garnish salad with tortilla strips and freshly cracked salt and pepper.