- 6 French rolls or hoagie buns
- 12slices provolone cheese
- 116 oz. jar sliced roasted red pepperspatted dry
- 116 oz. jar mild pepperoncini peppers/sliced pepper rings
- 1/4pound Genoa Salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Capicola or smoked ham
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- a drizzle of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Additional Topping Ideas
- (spicy) pickles
- Mozzarella cheese
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 3lbs. beef chuck roast trimmed of excess fat*
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz. can low sodium beef broth
- 1cup Coke(Not diet)
- 1/4cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1tablespoon beef bouillon
- 2tsp EACH dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2tsp EACH onion powder, salt, pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3cup juice from jar mild pepperoncini peppers/sliced pepper rings(from pepperoncini jar listed above)
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2teaspoon sriracha
Sear: Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Using two forks or tongs to hold roast, sear on all sides until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker and top with all remaining Slow Cooker ingredients EXCEPT pepperoncini juice.
Cook: Cook on LOW for 4 hours then remove roast to a cutting board. Thinly slice roast across the grain. Place sliced meat back in slow cooker along with 1/3 cup juice from pepperoncini jar. Continue to cook on LOW for 1-2 additional hours or until very tender.
Broil: When ready to serve, whisk together the Aioli ingredients. Spread Aioli on each inside half of rolls. Broil rolls, Aioli side up, for approximately 2 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Layer bottom half of rolls with beef, followed by 1 slice provolone. I cut each piece of provolone in half so it fits the shape of the roll. Layer the top rolls with 1 slice provolone (cut in half). Broil until cheese is melted.
Assemble: Layer sandwiches with all or some of your favorite toppings (in any order). I like to order mine: roasted red peppers, salami, capacolla, red onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pepperoncinis. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dig in!
Serve the remaining liquid as a dip for the sandwich, if desired.