- 2tablespoons water
- 2pounds chicken breasts (not frozen)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1teaspoons salt
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch seasoning mix(3 tablespoons)
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
- Hot sauce to taste
Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add two tablespoons water.
In a small bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings EXCEPT Ranch seasoning. Rub mixture all over chicken then place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker along with any remaining mixture. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred, being careful not to overcook.
Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before shredding. Drain excess liquid in slow cooker. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker.
Top shredded chicken with cubed cream cheese and sprinkle with ranch seasoning. Cook on HIGH an additional 20 minutes then stir in cream cheese until chicken is evenly coated. Taste and add hot sauce to taste if desired.
Delicious as filling in tacos, taquitos, burritos, enchiladas, etc.