- 1pound chicken breasts
- 4cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1cup uncooked wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 – 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes(optional)
- 112 oz. can evaporated milk
- 4cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2tsp EACH dried oregano, cumin, salt, pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dried thyme
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 3cups half and half(I use nonfat)
- 114.5 oz. jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo
- 2cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese, Freshly grated
- Cooked and crumbled bacon(optional)
Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker followed by all of the ingredients up to the cornstarch (do not add cornstarch and ingredients after). Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred and rice is cooked.
Remove chicken and allow to rest 5 minutes before shredding or chopping if preferred.
Meanwhile, whisk half and half with cornstarch and add to slow cooker. Add chicken and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Alfredo followed by cheese, stirring until melted.
Taste and add additional salt, pepper, red pepper as desired. If you would like a less “chunky” soup, stir in additional broth/half and half.
Garnish individual servings with freshly cheese and bacon (optional).