- 2lbs top sirloincut into thin strips then 2” pieces*
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8oz. cream cheese, softened**
- 1/2cup sour cream, room temperature**
- 16 oz. egg noodles(or more if you love noodles)
Beef Gravy Broth
- 4cups beef broth
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon ketchup
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon beef bouillon(powder or base)
- 1 1/2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1tsp EACH sugar, dried parsley, paprika
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4tsp EACH dried thyme, red pepper flakes
While meat is still on the cutting board, toss it with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add meat, onions and garlic to slow cooker. You can add mushrooms now or halfway through cooking if you like firmer mushrooms (I add mine halfway through).
Whisk all of the Beef Gravy Broth ingredients together in a medium saucepan until flour is mostly dissolved. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until thickened to the consistency of gravy. It might seem thick but will thin as moisture is released from the mushrooms, onions and meat. Add to slow cooker and stir until evenly combined.
Cook on HIGH for 3-5 hours or on LOW for 7-9 hours. Beef is ready when it is melt in your mouth tender. Once tender, stir in cream cheese until melted followed by sour cream until combined.
Serve with egg noodles and additional sour cream, salt and pepper if desired. Thin with milk for less creamy sauce if desired.