- 1 1/2cups uncooked long grained rice, rinsed and drained
- 120 oz. can, crushed pineapple chunks in pineapple juiceNOT syrup
- 113.5 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk(I like Chaokoh)
- 3tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
- 1tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 3tablespoons lime juicemore or less to taste
- 1/2cup salted roasted cashews
- 1/2cup chopped cilantro
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
Drain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple in a measuring cup. Add coconut milk to equal 3 cups liquid, adding water if necessary.
Add liquid to a large pan and bring to a gentle simmer then stir in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT Garnishes. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting). Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes, adding water if necessary.
When rice is tender, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, covered.
When ready to serve (not before), stir in lime juice, cilantro and cashews.
Taste and season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and additional lime juice to taste if desired.