- 1pounds Chicken(2-3 chicken breasts) cut into thin slices* or chopped small
- 12oz. thin spaghetti or soba noodles
- 1tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4oz. fresh shiitake mushroomsstems removed, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced then halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced then halved
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped into thick slices
- olive oil
Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce
- 1/2cup crunchy peanut butter(may sub smooth)
- 3tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoons mirin/sweet Japanese rice wine or dry sherry*
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon quality oyster sauce(like Lee Kim Kee or Kikkoman)*
- 2teaspoons freshly grated ginger(OR 3/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry basilor 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup hot water
- fresh cilantro
- Crushed salted peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Asian chili sauce to taste
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Set aside.
Meanwhile, add all of the Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth (I use my soup setting on my Blendtec).
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until completely cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil to the now empty skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, and saute for 2 minutes. Add peppers and bok choy and stir fry for an additional 2 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender and bok choy has softened.
Add chicken back to the skillet along with pasta, Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce and green onions. Toss until noodles are evenly coated, adding additional water if needed to reach desired consistency.
Taste and add additional Asian Chili Sauce for spicier, rice vinegar for tangier or brown sugar for sweeter if desired. Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds.