- 1pound chicken breastscut into thin slices*
- 12oz. soba noodles or linguine
- 3tablespoons toasted sesame oildivided
- 4oz. fresh shiitake mushroomsstems removed, sliced
- 1 red bell pepperthinly sliced then halved
- 1 orange bell pepperthinly sliced then halved
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 baby bok choychopped into thick slices
- olive oil
Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce
- 1/2cup crunchy peanut butter(may sub smooth)
- 3tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoons mirin/sweet Japanese rice wine or dry sherry*
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon quality oyster sauce(like Lee Kim Kee or Kikkoman)*
- 2teaspoons freshly grated ginger(OR 3/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 4 garlic clovespeeled
- 1teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1/4cup loosely packed fresh basil(or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup hot water
- fresh cilantro
- Crushed salted peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Asian chili sauce to taste
Cook noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Set aside.
Meanwhile, add all of the Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Do not overblend or that will make it runny/thin.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until completely cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add an additional 1 tablespoon oil to the now empty skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, and saute for 2 minutes. Add peppers and bok choy and stir fry for an additional 2 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender and bok choy has softened.
Add chicken back to the skillet along with noodles, Peanut Sesame Blender Sauce and green onions. Toss until noodles are evenly coated, adding additional water if needed to reach desired consistency.
Taste and add additional Asian Chili Sauce for spicier, rice vinegar for tangier or brown sugar for sweeter if desired. Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds.