- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 8tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,(1 stick)
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1cup Nutella
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup add ins(see below)
Add-In Suggestions (1 cup)
- Reese’s Pieces (as pictured, my fav)
- chocolate, butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- toffee bits
- Andes’ Creme De Menthe Baking Bits Baking Chips(perfect for Christmas)
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
Cream butter and sugar together with a stand or hand held mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Add Nutella and vanilla and beat to combine.
Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Add 1 cup desired Add-Ins and stir just until combined. Cover mixing bowl and chill dough in the refrigerator for 4 hours up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick mats.
Scoop dough into heaping 2 tablespoon size balls and evenly space 6 balls per one cookie sheet. Bake each batch of cookies for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set and center look underdone. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.