Chicken and Veggies
- 1 1/2lbs. chicken tenders(6-8 tenders)
- 3/4lb. green beansends trimmed
- 3cups sweet potatoeschopped into ¼-½” cubes (no bigger!)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3cup pure maple syrupnot the imitation breakfast kind
- 3tablespoons orange juice
- 3tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tsp. EACH garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, dried basil, salt
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Whisk together all of the Marinade ingredients. Add 1/3 cup marinade to a large freezer bag or shallow dish along with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Whisk together and add chicken. Turn to evenly coat. Marinate while you prep your veggies at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours (the longer the more flavorful). Let chicken sit at room temperature 15 minutes before cooking. Refrigerate remaining marinade/sauce separately.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a Jelly Roll Pan (15 x 21″) with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Add sweet potatoes and green beans. Drizzle veggies evenly with ¼ cup Reserved Marinade and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss until evenly combined then spread into a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Remove pan from oven and push veggies to the sides to make room for the chicken in the center of the pan (keep veggies in a single layer). Add chicken in a single layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on size of chicken) OR until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are tender.
Brush cooked chicken with Reserved Marinade. Serve with reserved Marinade/Sauce. Chicken Sheet Pan is delicious as is or with rice/quinoa.