- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tsps EACH ground cumin, chili pwdr
- 1tsp EACH salt, smoked paprika
- 1/2tsp EACH pepper, dried oregano
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 214 oz. cans diced or crushed tomatoes
- 214 oz. cans black beans,, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, chopped
- 3/4 of a can coke, not diet
- 1-3 chipotle peppers, minced,from can chipotle peppersadobo sauce
- 1 chopped mango
- shredded Montery Jack Cheese
- crushed Tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions and cook until beef is cooked through. Add bell pepper, garlic and spices and saute for two minutes. Add brown sugar, tomatoes, beans, mangoes, ¾ of the coke can and chipotle peppers; adding chipotle peppers 1 at a time until you reach desired heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until chili has thickened to desired consistency and flavors have melded. Stir occasionally. If you prefer your chili less thick you can add the remaining coke after simmering.
Top with shredded cheese, chopped mangoes, crushed tortilla chips and chopped cilantro.