Greek Pasta Salad
- 16oz. rotini
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4cup pitted Kalamata olivesdrained and sliced
Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto
- 1 8.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4cup almonds
- 1/4cup feta
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup feta
- 3tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl.
Add cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions and olives.
Add all of the Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Add Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto to pasta and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving, best if overnight.
Toss salad with additional olive oil, feta and fresh parsley before serving if desired.