- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs
- 1/3cup flour
- 1 1/2cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese(grated on smallest hole)
- 1/2tsp EACH dried parsley, dried basil, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4cup unsalted butter
- 8oz. mozzarellacut into 12 slices
- 1/4cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil
5 MINUTE MARINARA
- 1(28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes(no seasonings added)
- 1/2TBS EACH sugar, chicken bouillon
- 1tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil
- 1/2tsp EACH dried oregano, dried thyme, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking tray with foil (for easy cleanup) and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Roll out a piece of parchment paper (for breaded chicken to rest before frying). Set aside.
Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper (I like to use freezer bags) and pound chicken to an even thickness of 1/4-1/2 inch. Set aside.
Line up 3 shallow dishes. In BOWL 1: add flour, BOWL 2: whisk eggs, BOWL 3: mix panko, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and all Chicken seasonings.
Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, dip both sides of the chicken into the flour, followed by the egg (let excess drip off) followed by the panko. Press the panko firmly into the chicken so it’s evenly coated and breadcrumbs stick. Place finished chicken on prepared parchment paper. Let rest 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare 5 Minute Marinara by combining all of the Marinara ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Decrease heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes then keep warm on low until ready to use, stirring occasionally. (You will not use all of the Marinara on the chicken.)
Melt butter in olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Once very hot, lower the heat to medium (350 degrees F) and fry 3 cutlets at a time until they are golden and crispy on each side, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place fried cutlets on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Top each cutlet with 1/4-1/3 cup Marinara followed by 2 slices mozzarella. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with pasta and remaining Marinara if desired.