- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds chicken breastscut into 1/8” slices against the grain*
- 1 red bell peppersliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 green bell peppersliced then chopped into 2” pieces
Coconut Mango Verde Sauce
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk(I like Chaokoh)
- 1cup mild salsa verde(I like Herdez in the jar)
- 1cup roughly chopped mango
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined
- 3-5tablespoons brown sugar**
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce to taste (optional)
Add all of the Coconut Mango Verde Sauce ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet until very hot. Add chicken and cook just until most pieces are no longer pink then add bell peppers and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce and cook just until chicken is completely cooked and sauce is heated through. Taste and add additional brown sugar for sweeter, Sriracha for spicier or lime for tangier. Garnish with optional fresh cilantro. Serve with rice.