- 16oz. rigatoni pasta
- 3cups packed baby spinach
- 1pint cherry tomatoeshalved
- 8oz. mozzarella pearls
- 2tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4cup pine nutsoptional
- 2cups cookedshredded chicken
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
Avocado Pesto Dressing
- 2 small avocadospeeled and pitted (not large Haas)
- 1/2cup basil pesto
- 1/4cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2cup milk plus more as needed
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta in generously salted water just until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Meanwhile, add chicken to a large serving bowl (whatever you are going to make salad in). Add 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Add All of the Avocado Pesto ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to thin to pourable consistency.
Add pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pine nuts to a bowl and toss to combine. Stir in desired amount of dressing (you may not use all of the dressing). Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Chill any remaining dressing separately. When ready to serve, stir in spinach and additional dressing if needed. Best if served within one hour.