- 4(4-6 oz. each) skinless salmon filets
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons butter
Cajun Spice Mix
- 2tsp EACH smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3/4tsp EACH dried oregano, dried thyme , pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper(omit for less heat)
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2teaspoons Spice Rubin directions
Mango, Pineapple, Avocado Salsa
- 1 mangochopped
- 1cup chopped pineapple
- 1 avocadochopped
- 1/2 red bell pepperminced
- 2tablespoons diced red onion
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapenoseeded, deveined, diced
- 1/8-1/4teaspoon saltto taste
- lime juice, to taste
Marinade: Mix together all of the Spice Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove 2 teaspoons Spice Rub to a shallow dish or large freezer bag (whatever you are going to marinate salmon in). Whisk in remaining Marinade ingredients. Add salmon and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. You will use remaining spices later in the Rub.
Mango, Pineapple Avocado Salsa: Meanwhile, chop and add all of the Salsa ingredients EXCEPT AVOCADO to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Chop and add avocado just before serving so it doesn’t brown.
Spice Rub: After 30-60 minutes (no more), remove fish from marinade and pat dry. Rub remaining Spice Rub evenly all over fish. The easiest way to do this is dip each fillet in the spice rub, front and back.
Cook: In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat (medium if your stove runs hot). Once hot, add fillets, turn heat down to medium and cook approximately 4 minutes, until crispy and blackened. Flip salmon over and add butter. Cook an additional 3-6 minutes to your liking (will depend on thickness). Check salmon after 2 minutes to ensure it isn’t cooking too quickly – if it is, then turn down the heat.
Serve: Remove salmon from skillet to individual plates and drizzle with pan juices.
Serve with Mango, Pineapple Avocado Salsa.