- 3lb beef chuck roasttrimmed of excess fat*
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 6 French rolls or hoagie buns
- 12slices provolone cheese
- 1/3cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1cup CokeNOT diet
- 210.5 oz. cans beef consommé **
- 1/4cup dry minced onions
- 1tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Using two forks or tongs to hold roast, sear on all sides until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker and top with all remaining Slow Cooker ingredients.
Cook on LOW for 4 hours then remove roast to a cutting board. Thinly slice roast across the grain. Place sliced meat back in slow cooker and continue to cook on LOW for 1-2 additional hours.
When ready to serve, remove roast and strain fat from broth for dipping.
Split rolls and line the bottoms on a baking tray. Top each half with beef followed by 2 slices cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F or until cheese is melted. Serve with reserved au jus.